For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, FindDesign (we or us) is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
1. Personal data we may collect about you
We may obtain certain personal data about you when you visit the FindDesign website (such as your name, email address, browser information, IP address, information about your actions (likes/dislikes)) for example:
- we may obtain your email address and name when you log in via facebook or a social media account;
- your IP address when you visit the website;
- record your likes and dislikes and record your purchase history;
- record your telephone number or other contact details if you provide them to us in connection with a customer service issue;
- any Information relating to any purchases you make of our [goods / services / goods and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details);
- any information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
- and any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
2. How we use your personal data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- to administer the website, FindDesign services generally and to manage your account;
- to provide you updates or information by way of a newsletter or link to our blog;
- to recommend products we think you might love or inform you of discounted products or special deals;
- for research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- for the purposes of customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- for marketing purposes — see ‘Marketing and opting out’ below;
- for fraud prevention and detection purposes;
- for billing and order fulfilment;
- for customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you;
- for security vetting purposes;
- generally for the purposes of providing and/or improving our services.
If you have given permission, we may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by email about promotions and special offers that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below.
3. Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- our agents and service providers;
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above.
4. Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example, we store your personal data on secure servers. While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as emails, live chat or customer service telephone conversation) for the purpose of providing better service.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
- Receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- Give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
6. Transfers of data out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, for the purpose of storage. You agree that we may transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
7. Your rights
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing to FindDesign at the address given above;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to FINDDESIGN LTD; and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing by way of an email sent to email@example.com with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’,
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. email address and name)
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone) or retailer, please specify the channel or retailer you are objecting to.
Our contact details:
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A web cookie is a small piece of data sent from our site and stored on your computer by your web browser. They act as a memory for web pages and allow us to personalise your shopping experience.
- keep you logged in to your account when you move around our site;
- allow you to set preferences which are then saved for the next time you return;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns by providing advertisement tailored to your interests;
- use the data for analytics to help improve the content on site and understand our customer’s better;
- to speed up your searches and make your overall experience more enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example, Facebook. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.
Effective Date: November 06, 2017